Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Kool Konversation with Kimberly Knight

Tattooed Dots by Kimberly Knight.  An interview, conversation and getting to know you chat with a really cool author.


Bio and background.

I met Kimberly at the NOLA 2014 Author Event.  As was the case with almost everyone there, I didn't really get to spend enough time with her (yes, it was crazy, but in an awesome way!)  So I took some time, which Kimberly (she prefers Kimberly to Kim, y'all!) graciously shared, to talk with her about her life and her oeuvre.  I learned that she lives in the mountains near a lake with her loving husband and spoiled cat, Precious. In her spare time, she enjoys watching her favorite reality TV shows, watching the San Francisco Giants and San Jose Sharks kick butt, crushing candy on Candy Crush, playing computer games like World of Warcraft with Audrey Harte and online poker. Now that she lives near a lake, she plans on working on her tan and doing more outdoor stuff like...watching hot guys water ski. However, the bulk of her time is dedicated to writing and reading Romance and Erotic fiction.


Why She became an author:

One of the things that fascinate me about our indie author friends is what moved them to write, what led them to start (and more crucially, finish!) that first book.  Here's Kimberly's thoughtful response:  

I didn’t know I would like writing until I actually started doing it. My friend and I would joke about writing a book and one day, I just started writing. I never thought I would actually publish it--or four books so far! I really wanted to write a book where the lead female wasn’t a virgin and she wouldn’t bolt out the door when shit hit the fan. I have read so many books like that (many of them good), but I was getting tired of seeing the same type of storyline used over and over again and wanted to see if I could write something different.

Tattooed Dots - Video and Purchase Links

Tattooed Dots, Kimberly's most recent, is the start of a new series, what's it like?  Well, here's a cool video (the link is in the photo caption, you guys!) that conveys not only what it's about, but its vibe and essence.
Tattooed Dots Video
Don't forget to add Tattooed Dots on Goodreads, and to get your copy at Amazon or B&N!

What Kimberly listens to while she writes:

Another thing that kind of fascinates me (I'm a fascinatable type, what can I say), is the extra cool connection so many of our indie favorites have with music.  The same passion and verve that inform so many musical artists seems to drive our beloved authors, too. Here's what Kimberly had to say about that! 

What I listened to while I wrote my first series (The B&S Series), was a little bit of everything. I love Country music, but sometimes I need a little Nickleback or Train. While I wrote Tattooed Dots, I actually barely listened to music. I don't know why, but I just couldn't have it playing. Weird huh? Here's my play lists on Spotify for Tattooed Dots (it's my favorite):


Follow her on Spotify, Kimberly has amazing eclectic playlists for each of her books, I love how much ground they cover, and the emotions they evoke!

Konnecting with Kimberly

Okay, you've probably had it with the "k" thing by now, so I'll knock it off (lol, see what I did there!)  But now that you've seen how cool Kimberly is you're going to want to follow her everywhere.  So here's the handy guide to doing so, with an added bonus of a charming picture of Kimberly raising a farewell glass as a bonus.


Kimberly Knight Kontacts (Sorry!)


www.authorkimberlyknight.com
www.facebook.com/AuthorKKnight
www.facebook.com/authorkimberlyknight
twitter.com/Author_KKnight
authorkknight.blogspot.com
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/515767.Kimberly_Knight
http://www.amazon.com/Kimberly-Knight/e/B00APPPCKI/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1


Thanks so much for joining us here at Still seeking allies blog, Kimberly! It's been wonderful getting to know you, spending time with you, and entering the emotional magic of the worlds you create! Wishing you all the best of success with Tattooed Dots and all the amazing places you've yet to take us! 




No comments:

Post a Comment